||Cooper’s Seafood is seeking experienced bartenders.
Preparing beverages for patrons and serving them at the bar or through the wait staff. Maintaining a clean and organised work environment.
Bartender Job Duties:
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits
- Taking beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail
- Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner
- Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations
- Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed
- Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
- Balancing cash receipts
- Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment
- Organizing the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory
- Slicing, pitting, and preparing fruit garnishes for drinks
- Creating unique drinks
- Preparing and serving appetizers, dinners, or other food items for customers at the bar
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations
- Limiting customer problems by restricting alcohol intake and attempting to curtail inappropriate behavior
Bartender Skills and Qualifications:
- Training or Experience with Bartending, Extensive Knowledge of Drink Mixing and Garnishing, Strong Communication Skills, Positive Attitude, Personable demeanor, Multitasking, Attention to Detail, Organisation, Ability to Stand for Long Periods, Strong Observational Skills, Conflict Resolution, Computer Literacy, Second Language a Plus
- Must possess a pleasant personality and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to operate a cash register / POS system and process transactions accurately.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to follow both verbal and written instruction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be a team player, have a positive attitude and present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of relevant server experience desired.
- Able to stay on your feet for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted