Are you the kind of person who is energetic and outgoing? Are you awesome at turning strangers into friends and making everyone feel welcome? The role of the host is key because you make the first and last impression on our guests and we want it to be a great one!
Our casual, family friendly restaurant seeks a friendly, upbeat Host or Hostess to work Day Shifts, Monday to Friday, and some weekends. The ideal candidate loves making small talk with customers and is willing to learn patrons’ names in our small-town establishment. He or she should be looking for long term employment.
If you love the restaurant business and genuinely enjoy people, we need to hear from you.
As a host or hostess you'll be responsible for many things. You'll need to cheerfully greet guests, take them to their table and provide them with silverware and a menu. You'll need to be able to monitor the table rotation and make sure that each member of the wait staff gets a fair amount of tables without giving them too many all at once.
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities.
- Manages the Wait List when the restaurant is full.
- Provides guest assistance to servers as needed.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and completes cleaning as assigned
- Processes credit and gift cards
- Processes To-Go orders
- Team player who looks for ways to help out other employees whenever needed
- Looking for long term employment
- Greet customers as soon as they walk through the door
- Provide patrons with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods
- Maintain a neat, organized front-of-house environment
- Seat guests and take initial drink orders as needed to ensure ideal speed of service
- Assist with opening/closing tasks and side work as needed
- Learn food and beverage menu
- Rotate seating between different stations to ensure even workloads for waitstaff
- Answer phones
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly, open disposition
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Transports and carries objects (such as high-chair) up to 15 pounds up to 15 times a shift.
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
- Competitive Pay
- Extensive Training
- Meal Discounts
- Real Advancement Opportunities
General Manager - Nicole Telford
- High school diploma/GED preferred