- This event has passed.
Cooper’s 70th Anniversary Week
April 23, 2018 - April 29, 2018
Celebrate with us! This year Cooper’s is celebrating our 70th anniversary! We are giving away over $20,000 in prizes including a trip for two to Ireland, plus running an amazing retro menu all week long!
1948 – 2018
Visit us during our week long celebration and enjoy
$7.70 Lobster Tail Dinner
$4.80 Retro Cocktails
.70¢ Rice Pudding
COOPER’S SEAFOOD HOUSE IS CELEBRATING OUR 70th ANNIVERSARY
Cooper’s Seafood rolls back prices for one week to celebrate our 70th anniversary!
Scranton, PA, April 19, 2018– Cooper’s is ready to party like it’s 1948 with its retro promotion, rolling back prices to the year it changed NEPA forever. The iconic Scranton landmark will feature a retro menu of freshly-prepared items for 7 days, giveaways valued at over $30,000, live entertainment, a Charity raffle to benefit St. Joseph’s Center and a Cask Firkin tapping to benefit the Lackawanna River Conservation Association.
Beginning on Monday April 23rd through Sunday April 29th Cooper’s will feature the following daily line up of retro priced items for its guests.
- A line up of retro cocktails for $4.80 (a play on opening year ‘48) featuring the most popular cocktail from each decade. Pink squirrel, Grasshopper, Blue Hawaii, Harvey Wallbanger, Bay Breeze, Mudslide, Strawberry Daiquiri.
- 70¢ PBR and Steg Gold Drafts
- 70¢ Oysters on the Half Shell
- 70¢ Manhattan Clam Chowder
- 70¢ Rice Pudding
- $7.70 Lobster Tail Platter
- 70 Broiled Scallops Dinner
- $19.48 Seafood Platter
Cooper’s will also be featuring Live Entertainment in the Ship
- Tuesday April 24th – Jack Bordo and Jim Cullen 7pm – 9pm
- Wednesday April 25th – Colleen and Jim Reynolds 7pm – 10pm
- Thursday April 26th – EJ the DJ 7pm – 10pm
- Friday April 27th – Doug Smith and his Dixieland All Stars 7pm – 9pm
- Sunday April 29th – Jack Bordo and Jim Cullen 4pm – 6pm
A Charity Cask, to benefit the Lackawanna River Conservation Association, will be held on Friday April 27th featuring a one of a kind “Cask” beer brewed by Susquehanna Brewing Company in Pittston PA. The beer will be tapped at 5pm and the LRCA will be hosting a basket raffle and 50/50 chance from 4pm to 8pm.
A raffle is being held to benefit St. Joseph’s Center with prizes consisting of trip for two to Ireland, courtesy of Travelworld, a Basket of Cheer and a Cooper’s lighthouse party for you and 20 friends. Raffle tickets to benefit St. Joseph’s Center are available at Cooper’s Seafood House, Travelworld and St. Joseph’s Center. Limited amounts of tickets are being sold (2000). We plan on raising $20,000 for St. Joseph’s Center. The prizes will be drawn at Cooper’s Seafood House on Sunday April 29th at 4pm by Sister Maryalice Jacquinot. Winners need not be present to win.
“We have been an integral part of the community for the past 70 years” says Jack Cooper, Cooper’s President. “From our humble beginnings in 1948 as a small family run business with just 11 employees, to our growth as a popular family destination, we treat our guests to freshly-prepared, high-quality food at a great value with friendly service every single day. “
“Our retro promotion is our way of celebrating our heritage and showing appreciation to our valued guests. Cooper’s is as much of a family tradition as it is a food tradition. We’re fortunate that our community has embraced us throughout the years and we’re excited to celebrate our 70th anniversary together.”
In 1948, Cooper’s opened its doors for the first time, and since then it has played host to senators, actors, musicians, sports legends and even the president
70th Anniversary FAQ
- Special menu items are not available for takeout
- Special menu items can not be used as the meal needed to get a free birthday meal.
- The 7.70 lobster tail dinner is a quarter pound Brazilian lobster tail served with fries and cole slaw. No Substitutions are allowed.
- The 7.70 Scallop dinner is 7 ounces of Dry sea scallops broiled and served with fries and cole slaw. No Substitutions are allowed.
- We do not take Reservations
- 70 cent drafts are not available for 1/2 price happy hour. They are pint drafts.
- 70 cent oysters must be ordered by six count. 6 , 12 , 18
- The Friday Charity Cask benefits Lackawanna River Conservation Association
Tuesday April 24th – Jack Bordo and Jim Cullen 7pm – 9pm
Wednesday April 25th – Colleen and Jim Reynolds 7pm – 10pm
Thursday April 26th – EJ the DJ 7pm – 10pm
Friday April 27th – Doug Smith and his Dixieland All Stars 7pm – 9pm
Sunday April 29th – Jack Bordo and Jim Cullen 4pm – 6pm